The Grand at 101 has an immediate opening for a Morning show host and Assistant Program Director based in Fergus, Ontario. The Grand has just entered our 10th year in broadcasting to Centre Wellington and Wellington County. We have deep roots in the community, and pride ourselves with our unparalleled commitment to community involvement. If you are looking for a career that offers challenging work within a great team environment, we want to speak to you.
- Create fun, compelling, and topical content on air, and on the socials every morning Monday to Friday from 6 AM to 9 AM
- Use your curiosity to find out what our audience is passionate about and use that to add listener focused content.
- Create and add your personal spin on the big stories of the day, and share them with your audience in an exciting, fun, and entertaining manner.
- Use our Social Media to drive listenership and the brand
- Create best of shows and daily promos that scope your work from the past week/day
- Make promotional appearances where you fully engage in the event and bring listeners along for the ride.
- Assist Sales / Programming to come up with creative promotions for the station
- Look after on-air scheduling, help to coach and develop our talent
What we need from you:
- At least five years of previous on-air experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Solid Audio editing skills
- Strong on-air presentation and the ability to relate to the audience on mic, on phones and through social media.
- Knowledge of AC and Hot AC with ability to relate to our target audience (female 25 to 54)
- Working knowledge of Music Master, imediatouch, Adobe Audition and SoCast web platform
- Must have a valid drivers license
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com attention: Ron Fitzpatrick along with an mp3 demo or include a link to an audio demo on Soundcloud/ You Tube etc with your application
Competitive Salary and The Grand @ 101 is an equal opportunity employer.