Comments Off on Corus Radio’s News-Talk Network Spearheads ‘Operation Haiti’
With the recent earthquake devastation in Haiti, Corus’ network of news-talk stations will air Operation Haiti, a live radiothon hosted by Charles Adler on Monday, January 18 from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. ET, to raise funds for Canadian Red Cross relief efforts.
Airing across Canada, Operation Haiti can be heard live on air or online on the following Corus news-talk stations:
– CKNW AM 980 (Vancouver) – 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. PT – AM 770 (Calgary) – 12 noon to 3 p.m. MT
– AM640 Toronto Radio (Toronto) – 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. ET (available as a live video stream on 640toronto.com)
– AM 900 CHML (Hamilton) – 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. ET – AM980 (London) – 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. ET
– AM 1220 (Cornwall) – 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. ET
Other non-Corus news-talk stations that will also carry Operation Haiti include:
– C-FAX 1070 (Victoria) – 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. PT
– Radio NL (Kamloops) – 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. PT
– AM 1150 (Kelowna) – 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. PT
– AM920 CKNX (Wingham) – 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. ET
“As Canada’s largest private news-talk network, we have the strength, reach and impact to galvanize listeners to assist the residents of Haiti,” said Doug Rutherford, Vice President, Western Radio, Corus Entertainment. “With 12 news-talk stations on board and Charles Adler at the helm, our staff and affiliates are enthusiastically embracing this on-air initiative to help raise relief funds for Haiti.”
Comments Off on Astral Media Announces One-Day Radiothon For Haiti Hurricane Relief
Astral Media Inc. today announced that it will hold a special “Help Haiti Day” – an unprecedented national fundraising initiative in support of the relief efforts of the Canadian Red Cross in Haiti – on Monday, January 18, 2010.
“Our employees, listeners, clients and partners have been deeply saddened by this terrible catastrophe and on their behalf, I wish to extend our heartfelt sympathies to all Haitians around the world,” declared Jacques Parisien, Group President, Astral Media Radio and Astral Media Outdoor. “Astral Media employees across Canada have rapidly come together to organize this radiothon and we are proud to contribute to this international wave of support and generosity by encouraging our listeners to give what they can to help volunteers’ efforts in the field.”
ByrnesMedia Inc. is a radio and new media strategy company with decades of experience positioning successful stations throughout Canada and around the world.