Come work in the land of the midnight sun! Known as “The Wilderness City,” Whitehorse is a dynamic small city that’s a dream for outdoor enthusiasts. With the Yukon River running right through town and over 700 kilometres of trails, the Whitehorse area is an ideal destination for mountain biking, fishing, kayaking, hiking – you name it.
The city itself has a vibrant arts culture, a burgeoning culinary scene, and colourful festivals in every season. As a capital city that has hosted the Canada Winter Games and international sport events, Whitehorse also has some world class indoor and outdoor recreational facilities.
Tempted to get in on the compelling career opportunities the North has to offer? Do it in Whitehorse, where Vancouver is less than a 2 ½-hour flight.
We know that if unless you’ve been here, Whitehorse can seem like a bit of a mystery. Here are a few links to check out for a glimpse of Yukon life: the Yukonthe Yukonthe Yukonthe Yukonthe Yukonthe Yukonthe Yukonthe Yukonthe Yukonthe Yukonthe Yukonthe Yukonthe Yukonthe Yukonthe Yukon Whitehorse hiking here paddling here the arts scene here
And now for the job… The Yukon’s #1 radio station is hiring a part-time (30 – 40 hours per week) announcer to join our team:
Reporting directly to the General Manager and working collaboratively with the station team, as Announcer you will:
· Hosting The Rush’s on-air shift – typically afternoon drive.z
· Available to work on weekends.
· Informing and entertaining the target audience
· Operating on-air board, automation software (WideOrbit Automation for Radio), and studio equipment.
· Daily commercial voice work and other voice track work as needed or assigned.
· On-location broadcasts and promotional appearances as required.
· Protecting The Rush brand – respect the listener.
· Other related duties as assigned by General Manager.
· Minimum of one year on air experience at a commercial radio station.
· Familiar with the Hot Adult Contemporary format.
· Team player with great work ethic and positive attitude
· Valid driver’s license
· A desire to become a part of the fabric of the Whitehorse and Yukon communities.
· Knowledge of WideOrbit Automation for Radio, and Adobe Audition is an asset.
CKRW The Rush 96.1 FM offers a benefits package, which includes major medical, dental and vision.
This position closes January 17, 2020 . Please submit your cover letter, resume, demo and references via email to:
Subject Line: Announcer email@example.com