We are based in Peace River, Alberta. We serve a listening area vastly larger than the town itself. This makes us a regional broadcaster, and we are looking for talent who want to be here, and enjoy the lifestyle.
We have several small ski hills in the region. Plenty of recreational activities for year round participation.
Edmonton is only 4 hours away, so there is access to a larger center, too.
– Have energy and passion.
– Have a minimum 2 years’ experience on air.
– Have the ability to be relevant and ‘in touch’ with the product.
– Understand how to ‘personalize’ content and engage the audience with it.
– Have Social Media savvy as it pertains to our product, and our stations.
– Be an excellent ambassador for our stations, our products, and our social media platforms.
– Know how to have fun, without expecting someone else to show you how.
– Be a great team player, plus have the ability to work independently.
– Have a valid driver’s license.
NEWS ANCHORS MUST:
– Understand the definition of news, and how to angle National stories to fit our regional audience.
– Be willing to find stories. We want News Anchors with a nose for news.
– Be passionate about the evolving nature of broadcast news. (You’ll be working with our social media and website platforms, which means you’ll be utilizing your journalism skills, too)
– Be willing to engage the newsmakers and policy makers in our communities, in order to find the best angle for stories.
We’re looking for News Anchors and Hosts who want to be their best every single day while working in the fun world of radio. If you’re interested, please send your resume with references and brief audio: email@example.com
Attn: Program Director