Astral is always on the lookout for dynamic, innovative and passionate professionals who embrace change and new technologies and who are looking to continually challenge themselves within a growing organization.
DIGITAL CONTENT PRODUCER
(Full-time permanent position)
883 Upper Wentworth Street
Astral Media Radio has committed to becoming a leader in local online media. We are looking to hire a knowledgeable and passionate Digital Content Producer. Brand-centric, the Digital Content Producer will be responsible for making the station look great online. Responsibilities include keeping content fresh, artfully integrating sales and acting as the local station resource for the websites. This position’s focus is on content and design. It is NOT a web developer position or an IT role.
- Responsible for creating and publishing content
- Work directly with various content providers and the national content team to acquire and distribute content
- Work closely with all station personnel to disseminate permissions and workload as well as populate the site with fresh content that is meaningful and engaging to the listener
- Present a user experience that is meaningful and engaging to the listeners
- Collaborate closely with the Digital Sales Manager to produce custom high level advertising solutions that deliver strong R.O.I.
- Collaborate with Programming/Promotions to create a meaningful and viral database member experience
- Build and maintain social networking tools i.e. Facebook and Twitter
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in graphic/multimedia design
- Graphic design experience/skill with a hip/contemporary design sensibility
- Proficient with Photoshop, Illustrator and Dreamweaver
- Flash and video editing skills a plus
- Demonstrated creativity in engaging users
- Must possess strong short form feature writing skills
- Must be organized and able to handle multiple assignments
- Excellent interpersonal skills and has a positive attitude
- Superior time management skills
- Must be resourceful
- Ability to work in a fast paced, customer focused environment
- Online portfolio with examples of original work must be included in job application
Any candidate who wants to apply for this opportunity should visit the Astral website at www.astral.com and apply online under Careers.
Deadline: June 28, 2012
As an equal opportunity employer, Astral is committed to accommodating the needs of people living with disabilities. If you have any health or physical limitations which may adversely affect your performance during any phase of the appointment process, please identify the accommodation needed. Moreover, Astral is committed to providing equal opportunities to candidates and employees, regardless of age, gender, disability, visible minority status, Native status, marital status, cultural or national background, religion, or sexual orientation. All candidates are encouraged to apply with confidence
Please note that while we appreciate all expressions of interest, we can only respond to those candidates who will be interviewed.