Astral is always on the lookout for dynamic, innovative and passionate professionals who embrace change and new technologies and who are looking to continually challenge themselves within a growing organization.
SWING ANNOUNCER – 99.9 Virgin Radio
(Part-time casual position)
2 St. Clair Avenue West
• On Air – weekends and fill-in shifts as required
• Update webpage, blog, Facebook and Twitter on a regular basis
• Voice Track as required
• Commercial voicing and other related production
• Prep and plan for on air shifts
• Comply with the station music and commercial logs
• Remote broadcasts and station appearances
• Occasional non-paid community appearances
• Adhere to all CRTC, CBSC and Astral Media Content Policy rules and regulations
• Attend program meetings as required
• Maintain awareness of specific ratings goals and target audience
• Sell all of the station features including music, promotions and programming elements, and endorse our website in a persuasive manner; follow the station’s priorities
• Develop and maintain strong local & community awareness
• Opportunity to assist in the VIRGIN Radio Music Department (with proper qualifications)
• Education in broadcasting or related experience
• Minimum 2 years of on-air experience
• Dynamic, creative and innovative
• Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Detail oriented and a team player
• Applications must include a resume, cover letter and scoped or skimmed MP3 audio demo (audio cannot exceed 4MB each)
Any candidate who wants to apply for this opportunity should visit the Astral website at www.astral.com and apply online under Careers.
Deadline: May 21, 2012
As an equal opportunity employer, Astral is committed to accommodating the needs of people living with disabilities. If you have any health or physical limitations which may adversely affect your performance during any phase of the appointment process, please identify the accommodation needed. Moreover, Astral is committed to providing equal opportunities to candidates and employees, regardless of age, gender, disability, visible minority status, Native status, marital status, cultural or national background, religion, or sexual orientation. All candidates are encouraged to apply with confidence.
Please note that while we appreciate all expressions of interest, we can only respond to those candidates who will be interviewed.